Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Stop using pirated copies...
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have downloaded the Office Pro Plus 2013 ISO from the download page and when I try to install it, it show me the first screen saying that the setup is preparing and then I get the error message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working". Could anyone help?
I have also read this article, but I do not have Citrix installed: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitpro/thread/88a6f422-0bac-4d0d-8279-95c5afbbc95a/
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Stop using pirated copies...
Hello All,
after I tried all the steps that forums recommended I simply remove my computer from the corporrate domain ( put it in workgroup) and Office installed by magic !!!
François Coutu
Another cause for this issue can be attributed to any policy that might be in place to block executables from running in %appdata% directory.
For example, if a domain GPO has been configured in response to Crypto-Locker that disables all .exe files from launching within the users appdata dirs., the ose00000.exe file will not launch, causing this error during the Office 2013 install.
I am having the same issue I have completed the steps above multiple times, i keep re-installing the program, and I get the bootstrap error message, im virtually running off a clean windows 7 install, not much more on my laptop at the moment, than windows & Itunes & ESET. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,
the easiest way is if you have an older version of office for example 2010, 2007 or 2003 first uninstall them then install the new version
don't allow to uninstall the older version from the 2013 office installer