My word document shrunk in size. How do I get it back to a normal size?

Anonymous
2012-01-20T23:22:03+00:00

I have 2010 Word Starter. I was typing a document and must have hit a key (don't know which one) and my document shrunk in size. It is so small I really cannot read it. When I close it and reopen, it is still this small size. How do I get it back to a full page size so I can continue to work on it?  The document is 3 x 4 inches. whereas it started out as almost 7 x 9 inches on my computer screen.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-21T00:09:58+00:00

... I was typing a document and must have hit a key (don't know which one) and my document shrunk in size. It is so small I really cannot read it ...

Hover your mouse over the body of the document and then hold one of the Ctrl keys down while rotating the mouse wheel. This will adjust the zoom factor. A zoom slider should also be available in the lower right of the Word 2010 Starter application window.

Was this answer helpful?

800+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jay Freedman 208.3K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2016-02-10T02:57:56+00:00

Use the Zoom slider in the bottom right corner

or the Zoom button on the View ribbon

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-22T05:22:50+00:00

    The first solution using the mouse wheel and control key worked for me.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-15T11:26:20+00:00

    I have the same issue, and am thoroughly frustrated.  Just downloaded Windows 10, and then went back to work on a very long document to have it minimize to a very small tiling of all of my pages.  If I try to enlarge one page, it still does not open to the Original, and all of my column alignments are off.

    Hovering with holding down a control key while rolling the dial on the mouse did not do as hoped.  The response that I got was the document scrolled from page to page.

    Can someone please help?????

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-06-13T16:14:43+00:00

    Either provide more detail about your problem and the solution you attempted or (preferably) start a new thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments