MSN Money Stock Quotes Not Updating Quotes in Excel 2013

Anonymous
2013-02-24T03:14:27+00:00

I installed the MSN Money Stock Quotes add-in in Excel 2013 and it was working perfectly yesterday, but for some reason it has stopped updating quotes today.  The selection for "Update Quotes" from the add-in toolbar is not active.  However, the "Insert Stock Quotes" button is active and when I press it, I get the Stock Quotes dialog box.  It will insert the formula for the quotes in the spreadsheet, but it does not provide an up-to-date quote.  I would appreciate any help on this, as this add-in is a big time-saver for me.  I did notice that my software was automatically updated yesterday.  (I believe that it was a Windows update, but I am not 100% sure.)  I do not know whether this might have something to do with the change, since, as I said, the add-in was working yesteday.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-18T13:55:38+00:00

Did you ever get your MS Money to work?  I had the same problem just yesterday.  The "Update Quotes" tab wouldn't do anything, but the "Insert Stock Quotes" tab would.  I went ahead and re-inserted all the stock symbols by highlilighting my entire selection and everything updated and is working fine again.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-05-22T03:50:47+00:00

    This is a 64-bit Excel issue.  Not sure if you can get 32-bit Excel to work in an Office 2013 environment (I doubt it), but the MSN Stock Quote plug-in won't work in a 64-bit environment, unfortunately.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-18T15:53:17+00:00

    MSN Stock Quotes does work with Office 2013.  However, it periodically (and for no clear discernible reason) fails to reset from time to time.  In that case, I have to exit Excel completely and then restart it in order to update the quotes on a spreadsheet.  It's not ideal, but I will take it.  I am happy to have the add-in available.  Perhaps in future updates to Office 2013, this reset problem will be resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-07T01:08:42+00:00

    This has been a valuable tool for me since shortly after I purchased Office 2003 many years ago. Why would Microsoft discontinue support for such a popular product? Do they just not care about those who use their products?

    No warning. No explanation. Just... THE END!  I was an original user of DOS 1.0 (replaced quickly by 1.1)  I was an original user of Word and grudgingly migrated from Lotus 1-2-3 to Excel. I have been a loyal Microsoft user from the beginning... and this the thanks I get!  THE END!

    I will not upgrade to Windows 8, or any other Microsoft products if that is how they treat their customers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-03T19:34:28+00:00

    I agree with Steve.  In fact I won't upgrade to O2013 until MSN Money Stock Quotes work again.  I know many others in my investment club that feel the same way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments