A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
THE PROBLEM IS RELATED TO AUTORECOVER
I am almost sure that this is a bug in Microsoft Word 2011. I have been trying to figure out a solution to this problem for months. I have tried all of the suggestions and hundreds of my own...all to no avail. HOWEVER, I have discovered something that has not been mentioned here...
I have my AutoRecover set to 1 minute. Footnotes are fine until Word saves the AutoRecover information and then they disappear. I can see the blue AutoRecover progress bar flash across the status bar at the bottom of the window and immediately the footnote disappears. I then reapply the footnote style and they reappear as they should until the next AutoRecover.
Would someone please verify this. Hopefully we can get Microsoft to address this issue if we can demonstrate that it is a problem with Word and not the document formatting or the end user. Thanks.