WD2013 : Won't allow tables to break across pages

Anonymous
2013-02-23T00:36:16+00:00

I am an intermediate level user of word but seem to be getting stuck on this item with WD2013.  Routinely when I create or paste in tables, WD2013 will not allow the tables to break across pages.  I have done the usual table properties checks (allow break) and paragraph checks (keep with next) but no luck.  I am admittedly only a few weeks old with WD2013, so I'm hoping it is just another setting I'm missing in the new format.

**email address**

Any help is appreciated.

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-20T19:35:13+00:00

    Unchecking 'Repeat as header row..." worked for me as well, in Word 2016.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-04-14T08:41:21+00:00

    Wonderful, did the trick, thanks!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-26T19:58:10+00:00

    That worked, thanks. However, it broke my banded rows, which I easily fixed by un-checking and then re-checking the Banded Rows option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Stefan Blom 353.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-12-09T19:53:34+00:00

    Note that applying "Keep with next" formatting to table rows (or, to be more precise, to all rows except for the last one) would ensure that all rows stay together on the same page. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/keeptableon1page.htm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-09T18:06:00+00:00

    Now that is just counter intuitive... one would assume that the option to 'allow table to break across pages' would function.... But the above option did work for me. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments