A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Hi Stefan,
I would not say that Stable numbering requires a lot of work! More a case of "a stitch in time saves nine"
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am using the default list numbering in a pretty basic but large (450 page) document. No macros, no custom styles...I am simply using the default headers and the list numbering.
the trouble all started when i decided it would look better to left align the list numbering. When I have done this type of thing with regular headers there has never been a problem. You can easily apply new formatting and apply to the entire document.
With the List Number style this didnt work. I found online a suggestion of using the Set Numbering Value at 1 each time which I have been doing for over 2 weeks now but the lists keep reassigning the starting numbers arbitrarily so some lists start at 98 and others at 74 and on and on. I keep changing them back to start at 1 but again they reset themselvs.
This is an instruction manual so there are alot of short lists (steps on what to do) within alot of sections.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Stefan,
I would not say that Stable numbering requires a lot of work! More a case of "a stitch in time saves nine"