Office is installing in the background (84%) stuck there.

Anonymous
2013-01-31T11:32:44+00:00

While I trying to install Office 2013, the process of the background installation seem like pausing at 84% and not moving.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-09T18:58:14+00:00

    Sorry.  I've never used the "Home" version.  I just read that "Local Users and Groups" is disabled in the "Home" version.  It's probably best you contact Microsoft Support directly.  Adding the Local Users and Groups to the Home version involves editing your local policies and is beyond my skills.  Sorry.  Good luck.

    Joe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-10T00:01:22+00:00

    Thanks,  I'm inclined to think there's a problem with the installer rather than the windows version.  The three computers on my network all are running the Home Premium version and the other two installed  everything with no problems.  I'll try Microsoft Support to se if they might have a clue.  Thanks for your help.

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-10T00:23:41+00:00

    Sorry that I couldn't help.  Best of luck.

    Joe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-01T08:05:45+00:00

    Same thing here. Stuck at 54%.

    How come installation is so difficult when moving to next version.

    Microsoft first has fix this. Not adding more features.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments