Office is installing in the background (84%) stuck there.

Anonymous
2013-01-31T11:32:44+00:00

While I trying to install Office 2013, the process of the background installation seem like pausing at 84% and not moving.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-02T08:16:31+00:00

    Hello,

    Can you try the following steps and see if they help?

     

    Open Services.msc window. (Run Services.msc)

    look for the "Print spooler service",

    Select it and click Stop the service

    try installing Office

    Start the service again, after installation.

     

    Around this part of setup, OneNote is trying to install the "Send to OneNote" printer driver.

    Let me know if this works guys. I currently am using 2007 again and don't want to waste another day and another couple gigs on my SSD trying to erase that just to find I still can't install 2013. I don't know about this fix though. You get the error boxes right at the beginning of the install. Worth a shot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-02T17:59:38+00:00

    I was hopeful, because I was still showing the OneNote 2010 print driver installed even after I uninstalled Office 2010.  I uninstalled that driver, stopped print services, but I still got stuck at 84%.  Weirdly enough, the individual programs seem to work.  I'm just uneasy because it didn't make it all the way through the install, and I don't know what I'm missing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-03T19:33:11+00:00

    Tried this now, and it still stops at 84%.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-04T22:05:41+00:00

    Guys! I broke the 84% barrier! It now hangs at 94%, so I continue my quest...

    Here's my solution to getting past 84%:

    1. Download and install the "Take ownership" shortcut: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/
    2. Open Explorer and enter "C:\Programdata\Microsoft\Windows" in the adress bar.
    3. Right-click "Start menu" and click "Take Ownership".
    4. Voila! :-)

    Anyone getting past the 94% barrier? Scream out!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-05T10:55:23+00:00

    Hopefully they don't tell me mine is a trojan, since they uninstalled all of my anti virus and firewall software!

    I can top your three times on the phone - I have had 4 calls just for this issue, and roughly 10 hours of online support time. AND for the last 2 days I have had a 09:00 call arranged to look in to this more...and both times I have not received the call!

    I think I may contact customer services and complain that nobody is doing anything about this (or at least not telling us), maybe a customer services line staff will appreciate the importance of customer satisfaction a bit more than a tech support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments