Office is installing in the background (84%) stuck there.

Anonymous
2013-01-31T11:32:44+00:00

While I trying to install Office 2013, the process of the background installation seem like pausing at 84% and not moving.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-10T17:22:16+00:00

    Question - Has anyone here reinstalled Windows over their current version at any point before attempting an office install?

    I got Office 2013 to install by right-clicking on the drive in My Computer, going to properties, security, advanced, owner, and take ownership. I set the owner for all files to "Administrators". Install went through without a hitch! I did however install from a 32-bit iso file I got from the Microsoft tech website.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-10T16:07:04+00:00

    I'm no stranger to computers either and this one is really driving me bonkers.  I believe the reason is that some other non-compatible portion of Office or a program that interacts with Office is still installed - I just can't figure out what it is - though I could be wrong too.

    I'm installing directly from the DVD using the 64-Bit version which cannot be installed with any other 32-Bit version - this I know.  Still no luck even after un-installing every MS product - I also stopped the print spooler as some suggested.  I did a clean boot and still nothing but hanging.

    Anyone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-10T14:05:21+00:00

    The issue is caused because NETWORK SERVICES (NS) lacks disk read write permission. I coppied the tmp msi installer from \windows\installers and ran it and got an error code. Went to \Program files\common files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform
    and gave NS permission. The on line installer installed Office but at 94%. Expect it a similar problem.

    Seems like lack of permissions is the reason. In my case it was the Programdata folder.

    Stuck at 94%. Simple reboot, and the installer finished up to 100%.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-10T03:00:11+00:00

    By the time I tried all the various ideas I found on search engines, etc., I had my computer so bunged up it wasn't funny....and I'm not an amateur with computers.  I ended up copying all important data onto an external hard drive and then completely restoring my computer to its factory default state.  I applied all critical Windows Updates and then proceeded to install Office 365 before installing anything else.  It installed without a problem and is working just fine.  I'm now in the process of reinstalling all of my other programs and restoring my data.  Man, what a pain!  But, I'm almost done......

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-09T22:07:30+00:00

    The issue is caused because NETWORK SERVICES (NS) lacks disk read write permission. I coppied the tmp msi installer from \windows\installers and ran it and got an error code. Went to \Program files\common files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform
    and gave NS permission. The on line installer installed Office but at 94%. Expect it a similar problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments