Office is installing in the background (84%) stuck there.

Anonymous
2013-01-31T11:32:44+00:00

While I trying to install Office 2013, the process of the background installation seem like pausing at 84% and not moving.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-28T01:34:49+00:00

    Has anyone figured this out?  What's the deal?  This 84% thing is wrecking my new computer experience

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-24T23:15:48+00:00

    I was running Windows 8, and finally did a Refresh and re-install of Office 2013. My Office 2013 install problems went away, and were replaced with other problems (like having to fix SyncToy and acknowledging I really didn't need some of the other apps I had installed).

    If you are running Windows 8, doing a refresh may fix this. But, you may lose some of your other apps. It's worth it to consider.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-05-01T21:09:02+00:00

    Stuck at 84%. Reading all this makes me - to put it in modest words - VERY sad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-12T10:19:26+00:00

    Same here - couldn't resolve the problem so far (tried the usual: removed Antivirus software, cleaned all old Office components, uninstalled printer drivers, etc.). The MS tech-specialist I talked to on the phone couldn't help either. I sent him an errorlog but haven't heard back from him since.

    I can, however, install the technet "Professional Plus" testversion of Office 2013 without any trouble. Unfortunately that doesn't help because it won't except my product key.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-10T20:00:49+00:00

    The issue is caused because NETWORK SERVICES (NS) lacks disk read write permission. I coppied the tmp msi installer from \windows\installers and ran it and got an error code. Went to \Program files\common files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform
    and gave NS permission. The on line installer installed Office but at 94%. Expect it a similar problem.

    Seems like lack of permissions is the reason. In my case it was the Programdata folder.

    Stuck at 94%. Simple reboot, and the installer finished up to 100%.

    Could someone who solved it with this permissioning fix give a more detailed walkthrough?  In particular, when during the process you changed the permission (did it get stuck at 84% and then you changed and restarted and it worked or did you do this before somehow - did you uninstall first and start this all over, etc).  Also can you confirm how to change the permisisons and which folders exactly, you mentioned programdata but is just just for the Microsoft Office folder totally?  I have a bit of familiarity with permissioning but not enough to accomplish this and others on here maybe not enough either.  Would really appreciate it thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments