Office is installing in the background (84%) stuck there.

Anonymous
2013-01-31T11:32:44+00:00

While I trying to install Office 2013, the process of the background installation seem like pausing at 84% and not moving.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-10T00:01:22+00:00

    Thanks,  I'm inclined to think there's a problem with the installer rather than the windows version.  The three computers on my network all are running the Home Premium version and the other two installed  everything with no problems.  I'll try Microsoft Support to se if they might have a clue.  Thanks for your help.

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-09T18:58:14+00:00

    Sorry.  I've never used the "Home" version.  I just read that "Local Users and Groups" is disabled in the "Home" version.  It's probably best you contact Microsoft Support directly.  Adding the Local Users and Groups to the Home version involves editing your local policies and is beyond my skills.  Sorry.  Good luck.

    Joe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-09T18:12:27+00:00

    Thanks for the reply.  I tried your suggestion.  It gets me to the same computer management window that the other method does but I still don't have the Local Users and Groups option under System Tools, nor do I on the other two computers that installed fine. 

    You need to be logged on to an Account that has Administrative Privileges.  ( there are only 2 accounts on the computer: Rick and Guest.  I am logged in as Rick which has administrator privileges) Then, here's another way to get to the same place...

    1.  Click Start
    2.  In the Search box type "CompMgmtLauncher.exe" and hit enter
    3.  A window should open with Computer Management at the top (It does)
    4.  Expand System Tools in the left pane
    5.  Click Local Users and Groups  (there is no Local Users and Groups option under System Tools)
    6.  In the right pane double click Groups
    7.  Double click Administrators
    8.  Click Add
    9.  From Location select your local computer name.
    10.  Type "N" under "Enter the object names to select (example)11.  Select "NETWORK SERVICE"
    11.  Click OK out of it
    12.  Try the install of the Office again

    Hope this helps.  Good luck.

    Joe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-09T17:35:52+00:00

    You need to be logged on to an Account that has Administrative Privileges.  Then, here's another way to get to the same place...

    1.  Click Start
    2.  In the Search box type "CompMgmtLauncher.exe" and hit enter
    3.  A window should open with Computer Management at the top
    4.  Expand System Tools in the left pane
    5.  Click Local Users and Groups
    6.  In the right pane double click Groups
    7.  Double click Administrators
    8.  Click Add
    9.  From Location select your local computer name.
    10.  Type "N" under "Enter the object names to select (example)11.  Select "NETWORK SERVICE"
    11.  Click OK out of it
    12.  Try the install of the Office again

    Hope this helps.  Good luck.

    Joe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments