Office is installing in the background (84%) stuck there.

Anonymous
2013-01-31T11:32:44+00:00

While I trying to install Office 2013, the process of the background installation seem like pausing at 84% and not moving.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-19T03:19:19+00:00

    Hey,

    Here's how Microsoft suggests you can get past the 94% mark, hope it helps :)

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2813190

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-06T17:27:41+00:00

    HAVE DONE THIS 3 TIME THIS DOES NOT WORK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-25T21:17:13+00:00

    I had a very similar problem but stuck at 90% for 2 days, went through the procedure as above '' right-clicking on the drive in My Computer, going to properties, security, advanced, owner, and take ownership. I set the owner for all files to "Administrators". It was previously set to ''trusted Installer''. After this I rebooted, when my lap top restarted it asked one more question relating to office 365 installation and then all ok!!. 90% message now gone and as far as I know all working ok. Thanks to JW for the info.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-01T08:05:45+00:00

    Same thing here. Stuck at 54%.

    How come installation is so difficult when moving to next version.

    Microsoft first has fix this. Not adding more features.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-10T00:23:41+00:00

    Sorry that I couldn't help.  Best of luck.

    Joe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments