Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion. It gets me to the same computer management window that the other method does but I still don't have the Local Users and Groups option under System Tools, nor do I on the other two computers that installed fine.
You need to be logged on to an Account that has Administrative Privileges. ( there are only 2 accounts on the computer: Rick and Guest. I am logged in as Rick which has administrator privileges) Then, here's another way to get to the same place...
- Click Start
- In the Search box type "CompMgmtLauncher.exe" and hit enter
- A window should open with Computer Management at the top (It does)
- Expand System Tools in the left pane
- Click Local Users and Groups (there is no Local Users and Groups option under System Tools)
- In the right pane double click Groups
- Double click Administrators
- Click Add
- From Location select your local computer name.
- Type "N" under "Enter the object names to select (example)11. Select "NETWORK SERVICE"
- Click OK out of it
- Try the install of the Office again
Hope this helps. Good luck.
Joe