copy file names from explorer to paste into excel

Anonymous
2009-06-30T14:00:06+00:00

I am trying to copy a long list of file names in file explorer and paste them into excel so I can keep track of file status, is there an easy way to do this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Hal Hostetler MVP-Outlook 12,011 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2009-06-30T22:52:55+00:00

Thereare a number of ways to print Directory listings detailed here:

Print directory - Vista Forums

Hal

-- 

Hal Hostetler, CPBE

Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX

www.kvoa.com -- KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. 

Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-10T03:25:03+00:00

    Instead of going into DOS command prompt and typing all those codes, I use Google Chrome to do it... http://adrianvideoimage.com/2015/07/copy-file-names/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-26T11:44:32+00:00

    I am trying to copy a long list of file names in file explorer and paste them into excel so I can keep track of file status, is there an easy way to do this?

    It could be the only way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-08T11:36:27+00:00

    That is a very smart move... bookmark it and visit it frequently.

    Few more

    http://www.contextures.com/index.html

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/

    Wonderful add-on (free for personal use) 

    http://www.asap-utilities.com/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-08T11:21:56+00:00

    In Windows 7, the easiest way would be this command

    dir /B | clip

    Wow! Had used DOS for years but never knew this option...

    Is it something new or has it always been there?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments