Can I calculate 30 calendar days from a given date, excluding holidays that I specify?

Anonymous
2010-06-04T20:34:51+00:00

I'm looking for something similar to the WORKDAY function, except I want it to return dates that include weekends (but not holidays that I specify).

Thanks for your advice!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-06-06T02:30:42+00:00

    On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 02:04:59 +0000, Mike H.. wrote:

    >

    >

    >Hmmmmm,

    >

    >

    >

    >I'm now going around in ever decreasing circles but given to OP isn't likely to have a holiday outside date+30 then this ARRAY formula works; I think!!!!

    >

    >=(A1+((A1+30)-A1+SUM((holiday>=A1)*(holiday<=A1+(A1+((A1+30)-A1+SUM((holiday>=A1)*(holiday<=A1+30))))))))

    >If this post answers your question, please mark it as the Answer.

    I think your restriction of not allowing a holiday in the holiday list

    outside date+30 is unrealistic. I think it more likely the OP might

    have a list of holiday dates for the year.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-06-06T02:04:59+00:00

    Hmmmmm,

    I'm now going around in ever decreasing circles but given to OP isn't likely to have a holiday outside date+30 then this ARRAY formula works; I think!!!!

    =(A1+((A1+30)-A1+SUM((holiday>=A1)*(holiday<=A1+(A1+((A1+30)-A1+SUM((holiday>=A1)*(holiday<=A1+30))))))))


    If this post answers your question, please mark it as the Answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-06-06T01:01:14+00:00

    If I haven't got it this time I'm giving up and I'm going to bed. Try this ARRAY formula, see below on how to enter an array formula

    =A1+((A1+30)-A1+SUM((Holidays>=A1)*(Holidays<=A1+30)))

    Where a1 = the start date and formula cell formatted as date and holidays = named range of holidays

    This is an array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter

    and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets

    around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula

    you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.


    If this post answers your question, please mark it as the Answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-06-05T23:02:12+00:00

    On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 20:46:09 +0000, Bernd Pl wrote:

    >Hello Ron,

    >

    >Have you ever used iterations in a serious production environment? I do not mean a specialized math application which will only be run by experts.

    >

    >I found it far too dangerous for less experienced users because you will no longer see accidental circular references.

    >

    >That's why I put it on my Excel Dont's list: http://sulprobil.com/html/excel_don_ts.html , topic 5.

    >

    >Regards,

    >

    >Bernd

    This is a matter of philosophy. Anytime you allow modifications to be

    made to a worksheet, errors can certainly be produced.

    If you have problems with iterations, where you or your users are

    modifying your supplied spreadsheets, then I agree you would be

    foolish to use it.

    I've seen more errors with numbers entered as text, and with array

    formulas not being properly entered, than I have with accidental

    circular references that are not detected by other means.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2010-06-05T22:49:03+00:00

    Yup...I was missing a few somethings: Holidays prior to the start date being one of them. Thanks for checking.


    Ron Coderre

    Microsoft MVP - Excel (2006 - 2010)

    P.S. If any post answers your question, please mark it as the Answer (so it won't keep showing as an open item.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments