A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
In table properties, make sure the table wrapping is set to None.
Pam
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Recently I've moved over to office 2010, having been an Office user for 10+ years. My issue is with Word 2010. I'm ok in Word, no expert but get by and can do what I need to. I've never had the below issues before and have used this function many times on Word 2007.
When I am using tables I have selected the 'repeat header rows' function. However it is not working. Anotherwords, my header rows are not repeating on subsequent pages.
Also, when using tables, I have de-selected (from table properties) 'allow rows to break across pages', so that my rows shouldnt be split across 2 pages. However, this also is not working.
There are 5 tables in the document, all the tables were 'split' at some point via the 'split tables' function. I created the table from copying and pasting lines from a powerpoint document, then converting that text in to one table, then creating columns to the left and right of it and have hand typed the column headings.
I have tried the following, to no avail:
Is this a problem with Word 2010?
Help would be appreciated.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
In table properties, make sure the table wrapping is set to None.
Pam
It wasn't until I reread the whole thread that I realized that the suggestion to check the wrap hadn't been made.
Pam
King012,
The choice is whether to wrap the text around the table. None is the same as the in line with text that you see when choosing text wrapping for images and text boxes.
Pam
I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of this simple answer, especially since your question implied that you had been shuffling tables around. When you drag a table by its handle (or even just inadvertently nudge it a bit), it becomes wrapped. This means that you can place it anywhere you like and text will wrap around it. However, wrapped tables do not behave the same as inline tables; in some versions of Word they cannot break across pages, and heading rows do not behave as expected, either.
YES!!! that worked. Thanks.
If anyone would care to explain what the table wrapping means that would be great.