Hi again Mal,
Diligent? Maybe. Stubborn ... definitely! The day I let computer apps get the better of me is the day I stop using them (not in this lifetime ...) ;-]
One thing that occurred to me early on in this discussion was the formatting of your Normal style in Word. Resetting the template should have "cured" that but, just to see for sure, please humour me and do the following (quick and easy):
- Open you normal.dotm template as described earlier
- Type some text (just a few characters)
- Select the text you have typed
- Click on the arrow in the Styles group and click on Clear All (as you did earlier)
- With the text still selected, scroll down the Styles list until you see
Normal
- Click on the little arrow next to Normal and choose Update Normal to match selection
7. Click on the little arrow next to Normal again and choose Modify and select the option
New documents based on this template
(I am not convinced you need to do that as this is the template, but what the heck)
- Save the template.
- Delete all the text.
- Save again and close.
See if that makes any difference when you open/edit.
If not, try the Word diagnostics as described below.
Running Word Diagnostics
1. Open Word
2. Click the Microsoft Office Button
3. Click on the Word Options button at the bottom
4. Click on Resources in
he Word Options dialog box
5. Click on Diagnose (next to
office diagnostics)
6. Click on Continue
- Click Run Diagnostics
>> If Office Diagnostics finds a problem a repair process will be offered.
If that doesn't fix it and the problem still occurs, I would suggest a Registry fix. I am going to add a separate post for that following this one.
Bye for now,
Sharon
Sharon Roffey
Queensland, Australia