How to change publisher one page tile default

Anonymous
2010-07-29T18:25:52+00:00

I love the new 8.5" page default size. Yay! It is the size I use most often. But why on earth would Publisher make "tile" the default setting? I can't tell you how many times a one page simple print job slid out of the computer in two pages. I have to set each job that way? It's another step I don't want to make. How do I change the default to print the single page I am seeing as one page?

Also on the task pane, you can't scroll from page to page, you have to click on each one?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-06T02:32:49+00:00

    I'm a Systems Administrator in a large corporate network and I agree with you - it would be a bit challenging to make this change across a network.  But it's not impossible - we push out updated Office templates now and again, and we incorporate them in all our new PC images.  Fortunately only a handful of our staff ever use Publisher.  I probably use it more than anyone else.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-02T07:29:44+00:00

    Okay - I HAVE a solution.  That is, after reading through all the above frustrating posts and commiserating with most of them!  Here is what worked for me:

         My Problem - trying to create a LARGE size poster (A0 and B0) and then trying to print to CutePDF.

         My Solution - click the 'Page Design' tab

                             - select correct page size

                             - adjust picture/drawing/whatever accordingly

                             - click 'File'

                             - click 'Print'

                             -  select correct page size AGAIN

                             - click 'Printer Properties'

                             - select correct page size AGAIN (this is getting old!)

                             - ensure orientation is correct (Portrait or Landscape)

                             - You should now be able to select one page per sheet

    For me, the A0 was simple, for the B0 I found the Microsoft size was slightly smaller (10cm) than the ISO size - took me FOREVER to find that.  However, this worked for both posters and printed like a charm after this.  I DID NOT have to select anything under the Control Panel as was previously suggested.  I do hope this helps some other poor soul from further trouble.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-07T07:04:02+00:00

    I Found A Simple Solution That Worked For Me!  

    I saved my publication as a jpeg document, then opened it in Windows Photo View and printed it -- all on one page, just like I wanted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-23T22:12:09+00:00

    After an hour of searching I tried this and it works!  So frustrating how MS can't fix there bugs!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-01-09T09:45:51+00:00

    This guy doesn't know what the heck he is talking about.  You can't hit save while the print window is open!   What a crock of you know what!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments