How to change publisher one page tile default

Anonymous
2010-07-29T18:25:52+00:00

I love the new 8.5" page default size. Yay! It is the size I use most often. But why on earth would Publisher make "tile" the default setting? I can't tell you how many times a one page simple print job slid out of the computer in two pages. I have to set each job that way? It's another step I don't want to make. How do I change the default to print the single page I am seeing as one page?

Also on the task pane, you can't scroll from page to page, you have to click on each one?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2011-11-27T16:43:59+00:00

    I have been frustrated as **** with this issue - I just haven't had time to search for a solution until I just wasted about half a colour cartridge on two halves of a high quality A2 print!

    I have used the link above to support you all...for what good it will do!

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-11-27T22:58:47+00:00

    Thanks Adrian.

    A thought occurs:

    • is this problem affecting only those people with a default HP printer?
    • or does it affect others too, with other brands of printer as their default?

    Mine is an HP 309a. Since publisher communicates with the printer before laying out the print-place (the screen where you set your printing parameters), I wondered if the "Tiled" setting is generated by interaction with particular types of printer in use.

    P.S. If anyone at Microsoft is listening to these evidential reports of a problem with your software, do let us all know what you're doing about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-11-27T23:37:16+00:00

    Aha! I have a HP B209a printer which I only installed about the same time as I update Office but the problem hasn't always persisted with HP. I have another HP printer at my house in France (which I rarely use Publisher on) so I will try that when I'm next there to see if the problem replicates itself. Cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments