How to change publisher one page tile default

Anonymous
2010-07-29T18:25:52+00:00

I love the new 8.5" page default size. Yay! It is the size I use most often. But why on earth would Publisher make "tile" the default setting? I can't tell you how many times a one page simple print job slid out of the computer in two pages. I have to set each job that way? It's another step I don't want to make. How do I change the default to print the single page I am seeing as one page?

Also on the task pane, you can't scroll from page to page, you have to click on each one?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-05-10T21:02:48+00:00

    This does not fix it.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-05-13T16:20:25+00:00

    I can't believe that only 5 people have had this concern.  I get really tired of having to change from "tiled" to "one page per sheet"  There has to be a way to change that default, even Microsoft has to realize that you will use the one page per sheet more often that the tiled!!!

    Please help!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-05-16T19:12:12+00:00

    This does not take care of the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-07-02T16:41:02+00:00

    It has been a month since your reply and I see no answers.  My version of publisher 2010 does not have the same print screen as shown on the "help" pages either. 

    I've always been able to print on a sentence strip, but this new version will not allow it.  There is no way to override the tiled printing.  Someone please send a fix before August!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-08-08T14:18:59+00:00

    I am having this problem also.  We just upgraded all of our computers and with that we had to upgrade to Publisher 2010, and it is very frustrating to remember to change the print selection every time I need to print, otherwise it prints on two or more pages.  Has anyone found a solution?  Will Publisher help with this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments