How to change publisher one page tile default

Anonymous
2010-07-29T18:25:52+00:00

I love the new 8.5" page default size. Yay! It is the size I use most often. But why on earth would Publisher make "tile" the default setting? I can't tell you how many times a one page simple print job slid out of the computer in two pages. I have to set each job that way? It's another step I don't want to make. How do I change the default to print the single page I am seeing as one page?

Also on the task pane, you can't scroll from page to page, you have to click on each one?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-30T20:09:17+00:00

    I could print 11x17 pages no problem until I upgraded Publisher to 2010. Now, every time I want to print an 11x17 page, it wants to tile it, and it gives me no other options.

    I have since purchased a program called Serif Page Plus which is 100x better at about half the price, and I never have printer issues with it.

    You can find information on the program here:

    http://www.serif.com/pageplus

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-16T08:48:14+00:00

    I am so glad it's not just me ;)

    Looking forward to one day having a solution !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-09T16:36:12+00:00

    Ann,

    I'm sure you're right on all counts:

    --- why should you have to

    --- I don't think they're listening

    --- I don't think they would change it even if they were

    --- it's thoroughly maddening

    It's a real shame. But I'll still use Publisher because mostly everything else about it is so good for the price.

    Patrick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-03-09T16:15:03+00:00

    This problem is driving me batty too. It comes up with both my Ricoh and HP printers. Fortunately, I usually catch it in Print Preview, but why should I have to?

    I added my complaint to the feedback site mentioned above, but I will be surprised if anything is done about it. I don't think anyone cares.

    Ann

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-03-01T00:37:01+00:00

    Thank you. you have saved my sanity. This works for me, also in landscape

    Regards

    Joan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments