Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
This guy doesn't know what the heck he is talking about. You can't hit save while the print window is open! What a crock of you know what!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I love the new 8.5" page default size. Yay! It is the size I use most often. But why on earth would Publisher make "tile" the default setting? I can't tell you how many times a one page simple print job slid out of the computer in two pages. I have to set each job that way? It's another step I don't want to make. How do I change the default to print the single page I am seeing as one page?
Also on the task pane, you can't scroll from page to page, you have to click on each one?
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This guy doesn't know what the heck he is talking about. You can't hit save while the print window is open! What a crock of you know what!
Okay - I HAVE a solution. That is, after reading through all the above frustrating posts and commiserating with most of them! Here is what worked for me:
My Problem - trying to create a LARGE size poster (A0 and B0) and then trying to print to CutePDF.
My Solution - click the 'Page Design' tab
- select correct page size
- adjust picture/drawing/whatever accordingly
- click 'File'
- click 'Print'
- select correct page size AGAIN
- click 'Printer Properties'
- select correct page size AGAIN (this is getting old!)
- ensure orientation is correct (Portrait or Landscape)
- You should now be able to select one page per sheet
For me, the A0 was simple, for the B0 I found the Microsoft size was slightly smaller (10cm) than the ISO size - took me FOREVER to find that. However, this worked for both posters and printed like a charm after this. I DID NOT have to select anything under the Control Panel as was previously suggested. I do hope this helps some other poor soul from further trouble.
I'm a Systems Administrator in a large corporate network and I agree with you - it would be a bit challenging to make this change across a network. But it's not impossible - we push out updated Office templates now and again, and we incorporate them in all our new PC images. Fortunately only a handful of our staff ever use Publisher. I probably use it more than anyone else.
Good work around for individual users. More challenging for network tech support.
The solution to this problem is to create a new template based on the built-in templates. First, open an existing Template, make any desired changes, then save it as a new Publisher Template (not as a Publisher document). Go to FILE\Print. In the Print window it will show "Tiled" by default. Change this to "One Page Per Sheet". Then click on "Save" in the left-hand panel. Then hit the ESC key to exit from the Print window, then close the new template without printing it. After that, go to FILE\New\My Templates and select the new Template you just created, make desired changes, then print. Save the document if desired.
I am unable to find any way to re-save any of the default built-in templates with the "One Page Per Sheet" setting, so I just create my own from a default template. This works perfectly every time and the page setting is saved with the new template.