Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Yes, MPositive, confirmed... if I set my default printer to my HP Deskjet 970Cxi, or to CutePDF Writer, then open Publisher 2010 and create a new document, its "print place" correctly defaults to one page per sheet. But when I close Publisher, reset my default printer to the HP C309a, and repeat the above, it defaults to "tiled".
Even though this is clearly a matter of interaction between Publisher and different printers (or their Windows software drivers), I still regard it as a Publisher 2010 (and earlier versions...?) fault, as I cannot think of any circumstances where it makes sense - with any printer - to default to a "tiled" setting. Whatever the printers or drivers are telling Publisher 2010 when it talks to them, it should surely default to one page per sheet, on the defined default size of paper.
So we have identified that the problem lies in that area of Publisher 2010's code that interacts with printers and their drivers when the "print place" is laid out. But still no fix in sight.
Perhaps we should name this discussion the Publisher 10 Chronicle, in reminiscence of Pioneer 10 and its plaque, which was created and launched in the hope that someday, somewhere, someone in a position to do something about it might read it and act on it. Hailing Microsoft...