How to change publisher one page tile default

Anonymous
2010-07-29T18:25:52+00:00

I love the new 8.5" page default size. Yay! It is the size I use most often. But why on earth would Publisher make "tile" the default setting? I can't tell you how many times a one page simple print job slid out of the computer in two pages. I have to set each job that way? It's another step I don't want to make. How do I change the default to print the single page I am seeing as one page?

Also on the task pane, you can't scroll from page to page, you have to click on each one?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-07T07:04:02+00:00

    I Found A Simple Solution That Worked For Me!  

    I saved my publication as a jpeg document, then opened it in Windows Photo View and printed it -- all on one page, just like I wanted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-07-02T16:41:02+00:00

    It has been a month since your reply and I see no answers.  My version of publisher 2010 does not have the same print screen as shown on the "help" pages either. 

    I've always been able to print on a sentence strip, but this new version will not allow it.  There is no way to override the tiled printing.  Someone please send a fix before August!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-05-10T21:01:44+00:00

    This is not the problem.  I have tried just about everything that has been suggested so far.  Thanks.  Still waiting for the solution.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-03-09T22:05:38+00:00

    Hello, i am also having this trouble.... i have tried the above and still no go, when i set the page size to photo, i also go to the printer set up and choose one page check the print preview, it looks fine, hot close, check the print preview again, and bam right back to tiled, and if i print after looking at the print preview of 1 page, bam prints out in tiled..... really annoying!

    can you please fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-05-10T21:02:48+00:00

    This does not fix it.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments