How can I copy a page from one Publisher file into another Publisher file?

Anonymous
2010-06-14T23:24:07+00:00

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to copy a page from one 2007 publisher document (with all the txt boxes, pictures and formatting) and add that page into another 2007 publisher document?

Thanks to all who reply,

Ismael

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-14T23:39:45+00:00

Sure is.

Edit - Select All

Copy

In new publication, Paste.


-- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Using Microsoft Publisher 2010"

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-14T12:29:33+00:00

    There should be an import a puplisher page or a complete publisher file or even a merge one file with another. Taking a few seconds

    This program sucks

    as ease of use

    Angie

    You can share your feedback with Microsoft:

    Give Us Feedback for Microsoft Office 2010

    http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Office/Feedback.aspx?formID=375

    DavidF

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-14T17:55:19+00:00

    You are not reading very closely. It does allow you to copy and paste an entire page. If you Select All or Ctrl + A and then Group all those elements together before you copy, then everything on the page, pictures etc will copied at once. You can then paste the whole page, move it around as needed and ungroup it.

    I have a hard time relating to the poster that complained about having to do this 20 times for 20 pages. The whole process takes probably less than 15 seconds for each page. That poster could have completed the job far faster than it took to post his complaint in this forum.

    DavidF

    Don't assume that I wasn't reading very closely. I did copy and paste the entire page. I tried them separately and tried grouping them first.

    Either way it still changed the font sizes and line spacing. If it hadn't done that, then perhaps it would have just taken 15 second per page. Because I had to go in and reformat all of the font sizes and line spacing, it ended up more like 5 minutes per page.

    Look, I otherwise like Publisher. I often defend the use of Publisher against elitist, snooty graphic designers who thumb their noses at it before going back to their complicated, non-user-friendly, non-intuitive Adobe applications. This is the first thing I've encountered that I really don't like about Publisher. And it is surprising given that powerpoint already has the capability of importing slides from other powerpoint documents. It sounds like the folks who work in Publisher aren't really collaborating with the Powerpoint team.

    Actually, this is the second thing I don't like about Publisher. The first thing I don't like is that there is no Publisher for Apples. I work on a PC but when I hired an intern to do design-work, I set them up on an Apple. Most of our critical marketing collateral is in Publisher. So she can't work on these documents from her Apple.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-09-14T22:57:19+00:00

    Ok. I was reacting to your comment "Why doesn't publisher 2010 allow you to just copy an entire page..." and of course it does and how to do that was explained earlier...that is why I suggested you weren't reading very carefully.

    Your issue is different. You are having problems with the formatting changing when you do copy and paste a whole page or even single text boxes onto a blank page in another publication. That is an issue others are having and I don't have a good solution. I personally can't replicate it.

    In the recent thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-office_other/when-i-try-to-copy-paste-a-page-from-one-publisher/b7ed907f-bac9-43f1-a526-bccc45378cd1 Mary Sauer suggested:

    A workaround:

    Change your printer settings to Publisher Imagewriter on both publications before you copy/paste. For some reason, I have yet to figure out, it seems doing this the formatting doesn't change. At least it didn't for me. "


    Otherwise you might try the 'format painter' which at least could potentially save you time reformating the text boxes.

    Publisher has been the poor neglected step child ever since it was adopted into the Office family in Office 2002. It has never been given the same amount of resources or attention and really lost out in Pub 2010 in my opinion. Even the ribbon they finally forced upon us is not the same as in the main Office programs including PowerPoint. The word art is not the same, the pdf tool is not the same, they are deprecating the web building functionality and more...but that is the way it is. Personally I don't see Pub 2010 as much of an upgrade, but then I hate the ribbon and resent that it has been forced upon us....done with that rant.

    As I suggested above please make your suggestions to MS and perhaps if enough people do then you will see some of these improvements in the future:

    Give Us Feedback for Microsoft Office 2010

    http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Office/Feedback.aspx?formID=375

    IF you think you would consider the formatting issues a "bug" then you can try:

    Report a Microsoft Product Bug

    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/contactbug/en-us 

    DavidF

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-10-17T22:57:08+00:00

    This sucks.  I'm having the same problem with formatting, and it's taking a huge amount of time to go back an re-format paragraphs that have already been formatted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments