How can I copy a page from one Publisher file into another Publisher file?

Anonymous
2010-06-14T23:24:07+00:00

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to copy a page from one 2007 publisher document (with all the txt boxes, pictures and formatting) and add that page into another 2007 publisher document?

Thanks to all who reply,

Ismael

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-14T23:39:45+00:00

Sure is.

Edit - Select All

Copy

In new publication, Paste.


-- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Using Microsoft Publisher 2010"

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-02T13:23:53+00:00

    This thread has been stretched out over 4 years and I don't want to rehash it all again and especially if you take my words out of context. But with that said, I do wish MS would add a feature that would allow us to easily combine Publisher files. Copy and pasting a few pages is one thing, but 82 pages from 12 different Publisher files will indeed take some time and is no easy project.

    My only suggestion to you is to open the clipboard. (Pub 2010 > Home tab and click the down arrow by Clipboard. Pub 2007 it is under Edit.) You can copy up to 24 objects, or in your case, 24 pages and then paste from that clipboard. This will help insure you are pasting the correct page and make the whole process a bit more efficient.

    By the way, if there are a lot of images in those 12 files I would suggest that you plan on compressing them somewhere in the workflow. An 82 page Publisher file with large uncompressed pictures might become difficult to manage if the file size is too large.

    Reference: Compress Pictures dialog box:

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA100363901033.aspx?pid=CL100605171033

    and

    https://support.office.com/en-US/Article/Picture-Tools-Tab-1d2e8f37-922c-4032-b1c0-56c13ca50533?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#__toc256694329

    DavidF

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-02T02:26:48+00:00

    That poster could have completed the job far faster than it took to post his complaint in this forum.

    Suggest you try this option with 82 pages (my current task). Everything went fine for the first few times, then it starting pasting the item I copied the previous time, not my current page and changing the formatting. If it were as simply as pasting 82 times I could do that quickly, but alas it is not that easy. 

    Man I wish I were using InDesign, but the people that created this file choose to do the 82 page document in 12 different publisher files instead of one single file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-04T02:54:31+00:00

    I know it was years ago, but did you ever find a solution to "copying" pages from one Publisher file to another? I'm dealing with that now in Publisher 2010

    Here is what I found out that helped me complete this task.

    I hope it will help you.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mzb2qwo2wjthz8/How%20can%20I%20copy%20a%20page%20from%20one%20Publisher%20file%20into%20another%20Publisher%20file.pdf

    Have a Great Day!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-18T16:20:36+00:00

    I know it was years ago, but did you ever find a solution to "copying" pages from one Publisher file to another? I'm dealing with that now in Publisher 2010

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments