How can I copy a page from one Publisher file into another Publisher file?

Anonymous
2010-06-14T23:24:07+00:00

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to copy a page from one 2007 publisher document (with all the txt boxes, pictures and formatting) and add that page into another 2007 publisher document?

Thanks to all who reply,

Ismael

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-14T23:39:45+00:00

Sure is.

Edit - Select All

Copy

In new publication, Paste.


-- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Using Microsoft Publisher 2010"

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-18T03:39:19+00:00

    I think the purpose and expectations of this Microsoft Answers website, and your role, DavidF2, are somewhat unclear.

    It's difficult to tell whether you're a designated moderator, a Microsoft employee, or just an active member. At times I got the impression that you're an apologist for Microsoft but then other times, it seems like you're really annoyed with Microsoft and encouraging others to make sure they officially submit their annoyances as well.

    The reason I get the impression that you have some kind of formal role is that you seem to respond to each new person's posting, and feel some degree of ownership about the site: "Well, don't waste your time telling me and posting here." So, on the one hand, you feel ownership for this forum, and on the other hand, you refer to MS as though you're not part of it. (I'm not saying you are; I am saying I can't tell.)

    I think it's perfectly reasonable for someone like BenMillett and others to assume that Microsoft would be paying attention to this forum (afterall, it is on their website) to get customer feedback and monitor the chatter about their products and various bugs.

    I also get the impression that you're kinda annoyed with some of the people posting here looking for answers. Reminds me of people who work on IT Help Desks who act like incoming Help requests are annoying distractions to what they'd rather be doing. So that further confuses me about your role. If you're, so easily annoyed by and impatient with folks posting here, then why be involved?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-10-18T00:16:27+00:00

    This sucks.  I'm having the same problem with formatting, and it's taking a huge amount of time to go back an re-format paragraphs that have already been formatted.

    Well, don't waste your time telling me and posting here. MS won't see it. If none of the solutions discussed above work for you, then complain to MS:

    Give Us Feedback for Microsoft Office 2010

    http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Office/Feedback.aspx?formID=375

    IF you think you would consider the formatting issues a "bug" then you can try:

    Report a Microsoft Product Bug

    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/contactbug/en-us 

    DavidF

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-09-14T17:55:19+00:00

    You are not reading very closely. It does allow you to copy and paste an entire page. If you Select All or Ctrl + A and then Group all those elements together before you copy, then everything on the page, pictures etc will copied at once. You can then paste the whole page, move it around as needed and ungroup it.

    I have a hard time relating to the poster that complained about having to do this 20 times for 20 pages. The whole process takes probably less than 15 seconds for each page. That poster could have completed the job far faster than it took to post his complaint in this forum.

    DavidF

    Don't assume that I wasn't reading very closely. I did copy and paste the entire page. I tried them separately and tried grouping them first.

    Either way it still changed the font sizes and line spacing. If it hadn't done that, then perhaps it would have just taken 15 second per page. Because I had to go in and reformat all of the font sizes and line spacing, it ended up more like 5 minutes per page.

    Look, I otherwise like Publisher. I often defend the use of Publisher against elitist, snooty graphic designers who thumb their noses at it before going back to their complicated, non-user-friendly, non-intuitive Adobe applications. This is the first thing I've encountered that I really don't like about Publisher. And it is surprising given that powerpoint already has the capability of importing slides from other powerpoint documents. It sounds like the folks who work in Publisher aren't really collaborating with the Powerpoint team.

    Actually, this is the second thing I don't like about Publisher. The first thing I don't like is that there is no Publisher for Apples. I work on a PC but when I hired an intern to do design-work, I set them up on an Apple. Most of our critical marketing collateral is in Publisher. So she can't work on these documents from her Apple.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-09-14T12:29:33+00:00

    There should be an import a puplisher page or a complete publisher file or even a merge one file with another. Taking a few seconds

    This program sucks

    as ease of use

    Angie

    You can share your feedback with Microsoft:

    Give Us Feedback for Microsoft Office 2010

    http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Office/Feedback.aspx?formID=375

    DavidF

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments