Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (Protected) (Q:)

Anonymous
2010-08-16T06:51:15+00:00

I just removed the Microsoft Office 2010 to reinstall a fresh one because the previous one is a trial and when I click start to use the Microsoft Office, it always load to page 4 of 4 and pop up an error saying that Microsoft Office is unable to start, I decided to remove it and brought to my school so the instructor can install a full version of Microsoft Office 2010 for me. But then inside the My Computer it automatically built up a "drive?" Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (Protected) (Q:) [doesn't have this drive at new bought]. I couldn't remove this nor using uninstall from the Control Panel. It run the uninstalling but while the process is popped up an error stated that the process cannot be complete. Please contact the Microsoft Product.

Anybody know the solution for this, please I need help.

here is the screen shot of the Q:

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/PhoenixWEI/?action=view&current=Untitled-1.jpg

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-08-16T14:45:14+00:00

This is by-design. The Click and Run version uses AppV [1] which creates this drive.

André

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/App-V


"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-08-07T03:32:41+00:00

    I don't mind having the "Q" drive but am unable to install Access unless I uninstall click-to-run.  a.  Can I uninstall this if it is protected on "Q' drive?  b.  If I uninstall it, what effect will this have on Office Starter 2010 functionality?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-07-18T07:35:21+00:00

    Solution is simple (in theory too). Replace CTR with "Normal" MSI install.

    The not simple part is it depends on how you got a CTR installation in the first place. If it is Office Starter, there is no fix. MS does not offer Starter installation files to end users, only to manufacturers for "OEM" installation.

    The other way to get stuck with CTR is via an online purchase. MS has setup the download sites to check your online connection. If the download site identifies that you have a high speed connection that will allow you to run CTR satisfactorily (again, in theory), the download will default to CTR rather than MSI installation.

    In this case you can go back to the download site, log in to your account there and look very carefully, there should be a link to an option to download the MSI install file. It may be hidden behind an "Advanced" link or button.

    Once you get the MSI install file, you can uninstall the CTR, reboot and install the MSI.

    Switch to using an MSI-based Office edition (only applies to versions bought online) - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/click-to-run-switch-to-using-an-msi-based-office-edition-HA101850538.aspx

    What to look for when switching from CTR to MSI - http://www.msoutlook.info/question/473

    Update, repair, or uninstall Office Click-to-Run CTR products 

    How to Uninstall Click-To-Run- CTR cleanc2r.zip tool - http://www.ikkerus.net/windows/office/howto-remove-microsoft-office-2010-click-2-run

    Unable to uninstall Click2run using MS fixit - solution

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/officeversion\_other-office\_install/unable-to-uninstall-click2run-using-ms-fixit/a51729cd-9b41-41eb-b035-90c35ec87037

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-07-17T19:17:33+00:00

    I have a Visio 2010 exe file and i wanted to install it. But a pop up message came up with this:

    "This 64-bit product may not be installed with Microsoft Office Click-to-Run. Remove Microsoft officer click-to-run and try again."

    How do I fix this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-03-17T15:39:42+00:00

    Try these tips to remove CTR:

    Update, repair, or uninstall Office Click-to-Run products 

    How to Uninstall Click-To-Run: Remove Microsoft Office 2010 Click 2 Run - cleanc2r.zip tool - http://www.ikkerus.net/windows/office/howto-remove-microsoft-office-2010-click-2-run

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments