click-2-run configuration failure

Anonymous
2010-02-22T09:47:55+00:00

I installed word 2010 beta, and I cant open it.

I just get the above message

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-19T22:55:06+00:00

I had all of the same problems listed above, with no luck. I tried uninstalling, or repairing and no luck. I am using Windows 7, and using the Microsoft Office Starter that came pre-packaged with a new laptop. This laptop is less than 2 weeks old and Office started acting up a couple days after we got it. I have gone over and over the forums and tech supports with no luck.

I took an alternate approach to repairing the "Click-2-Run Configuration Failure" that WORKED (For me). I hope this helps others, the approach is very simple that anyone with ADMIN rights should be able to do this.

Solution that worked for me...

1.) Create an alternate User Account on the computer.

2.) Restart the computer and Login to the new user account.

3.) Open the Microsoft Office Starter from "All Programs"

4.) Click on Word or Excel

5.) The program should start loading all files needed from the Microsoft server.

6.) Once all files are loaded, you should be able to access your Microsoft Office Starter Programs. (Open and confirm.)

7.) "Switch User" to your ORIGINAL ACCOUNT

8.) Click one of the Microsoft Office Starter programs and hopefully it will start working.

9.) NOTE: I have not yet deleted the new user account, so results may vary.

Good luck,

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-11-16T13:37:34+00:00

    system restore is turned off. have click 2 run configuration failure, cannot uninstall click to run. please assist. need to use ofice urgently.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-08-19T13:28:12+00:00

    I hadn't bought it but used the "free" version that came preinstalled on my pc.  I've used Open Office for years, but when I saw this I figured if I liked it enough I would actually buy it.

    I can't restore to an earlier point because the programme was already corrupted by then.

    My bugbear is that I still have this albatross on my pc and can't get rid of it.  Back to using Open Office with which I have never had any problems.

    I suspect the only way I can get rid of it is reinstalling the OS and deleting any mention of the programme.  That way I can never have the problem!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-08-19T10:32:39+00:00

    I've had that twice -_- both times i've managed to fix it by restoring it to an earlier point, and then going to the control panel and unistalling my microsoft office starter :P and the click-2-run one, then it restarts and you can reinstall the microsoft office starter :)

    I had to do both because it wouldnt uninstall, and when i restored it, it hadn't affected my files

    Hope this helps :)

    It should also work if you've brought it and re enter the product key if it lets you :P

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-07-08T20:42:58+00:00

    Ditto for me.

    A did a bit more searching around and found, for example, that the Q drive (where the Microsoft Click to Run is installed), when I right-clicked and went to "Properties" is saying that the drive is empty!  Ok. I haven't been able to uninstall it, so I have no idea how a drive that hasn't been formated could be empty.

    I called my brother who is a bit of a techie to help me out by telephone.  Even the Microsoft Office folder has no files in it. My brother directed me towards a root folder - the .msi file was missing, in fact nothing else was there apart from a watson data file and that's when he said "not good".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments