Errors were detected while saving file in Excel 2010

Anonymous
2010-09-01T16:04:55+00:00

I get the error "Errors were detected while saving 'C:\Users\Filename.xlsx. To make repairs in a new file, click continue. To cancel saving the file, click cancel" The appears to be no pattern to this. Does any have a solution. All similar questions in the forum don't offer a solution to this error message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-11T09:58:36+00:00

I have had this issue recently and it turned out to be a company logo which was in the top right of each worksheet.I removed this (.png) image from each sheet, the workbook did not then give an error saving. I then opened the logo and re-saved it as a .jpg and then re-added it to each sheet. The workbook continued to save quite happily.

Hope this helps

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-20T18:56:58+00:00

    Yes the company logo.... Perhaps Excel 2010 doesn’t like jpeg pics.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-20T18:49:51+00:00

    I got some workbooks with this problem, only in Excel 2010.

    Until now i discovered only 3 solutions (non official):

    1.  Save as xls (dangerous could lost rows and columns over the limit of the xls file);

    2.  Or you can delete all Images and objects, sheet by sheet, then save the file;

    3.  Or you can Uninstall Office 2010 and install Office 2007.

    In the 2nd one, you have to delete all objects, you can go to the ribbon Page Layout, and click on "Selection Pane".

    Then, on the right pane, select all objects and click "Delete". Repeat this, sheet by Sheet, until you discover the object

    that could be causing this error (try to save).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-20T18:22:31+00:00

    I actually found that the problem occurred when I had Excel graphs and pie charts. I started afresh and experimented a little with adding graphs and saving, and I discovered that, when using graphs, the saving issue only becomes a problem when the tab containing graphs is shifted in relation to other tabs (i.e. moving Sheet 3 left so that is will be the first worksheet that is opened along the bottom). 

    Weird, huh?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-01-16T17:33:21+00:00

    Yup removing the company logo on my spreadsheet fixed the issue as well!  Thanks Luis

    Yep, same here. Thanks a lot guys.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments