Errors were detected while saving file in Excel 2010

Anonymous
2010-09-01T16:04:55+00:00

I get the error "Errors were detected while saving 'C:\Users\Filename.xlsx. To make repairs in a new file, click continue. To cancel saving the file, click cancel" The appears to be no pattern to this. Does any have a solution. All similar questions in the forum don't offer a solution to this error message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-11T09:58:36+00:00

I have had this issue recently and it turned out to be a company logo which was in the top right of each worksheet.I removed this (.png) image from each sheet, the workbook did not then give an error saving. I then opened the logo and re-saved it as a .jpg and then re-added it to each sheet. The workbook continued to save quite happily.

Hope this helps

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-11T03:56:50+00:00

    I had this issue as well, and may have resolved it, at least for now.  I'm using Windows 7, MS Excel 2010, and am saving to a shared Google Drive folder.  The spreadsheet I am using is large and complicated, and I'm accessing it on several computers via Google Drive.  I would get this error every time I made a change and tried to save.  From what I've read, sharing can cause this issue.  I simply opened the file, hit Save As, gave it a new name (FileName 1.4.xlsx) as a new version and the problem went away.  I imagine I will have issues again when I use it from a different computer, but this work-around works for now for me.  Cheers~!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-05T17:27:07+00:00

    This worked for me - bizzare... but it made a bad end of a day a bit better!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-18T18:16:50+00:00

    I have had this issue recently and it turned out to be a company logo which was in the top right of each worksheet.I removed this (.png) image from each sheet, the workbook did not then give an error saving. I then opened the logo and re-saved it as a .jpg and then re-added it to each sheet. The workbook continued to save quite happily.

     

    Hope this helps

    Yep, I don't know how but MS did something, that xlsx files in Office 2007 are ok, and when we opened in 2010 version they became corrupted.

    I found out, by the hard way, and with the help of Terry-c that when the logo was deleted, the file became ok.

    So, try to do this in every logo, object, in every worksheets.

    You can find the objects in the Selection Pane (Ribbon Page Layout>Arrange>Selection Pane), including the hidden ones.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-18T17:36:37+00:00

    For me it was a permissions issue.

    One group object said we should read/write to file another group object said we could only read. I added read AND write permissions on the second group object and the error went away. So for anyone else you may want to check the security tab in the file properties for any conflicting settings.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments