Errors were detected while saving file in Excel 2010

Anonymous
2010-09-01T16:04:55+00:00

I get the error "Errors were detected while saving 'C:\Users\Filename.xlsx. To make repairs in a new file, click continue. To cancel saving the file, click cancel" The appears to be no pattern to this. Does any have a solution. All similar questions in the forum don't offer a solution to this error message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-11T09:58:36+00:00

I have had this issue recently and it turned out to be a company logo which was in the top right of each worksheet.I removed this (.png) image from each sheet, the workbook did not then give an error saving. I then opened the logo and re-saved it as a .jpg and then re-added it to each sheet. The workbook continued to save quite happily.

Hope this helps

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-05T10:49:11+00:00

    You can try to save the file in Excel binary format  (xlsb), or run a vba macro

    Step 1: Press ALT + F11 keys in Excel, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.

    Step 2: Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window.

    Sub DeleteAllPics()

    on error resume next

    Dim Pic As Object

    For Each Pic In ActiveSheet.Pictures

    Pic.Delete

    Next Pic

    End Sub

    Step 3: on each worksheet, that you need to delete all the pictures, press ALT+F8 and Run DeleteAllPics

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-01-05T10:24:09+00:00

    I have a user who has this issue. Not always but 50% of the times she wants to save the document. 

    The file is 567MB and only contains pictures. No formulas, no charts and nothing else that I can find using the Ribbon--> Arrange .. Just picture objects. 

    Problem is, I can't go over all the pictures (I bet she wouldn't like it either) since it contains 53 sheets with around 50 pictures each. Well I can but I don't really have the time.

    I've told her to try and change the default printer next time the error occur since we use HP printers in our company. 

    But if this isn't the solution, how can I easily see if one of the pictures is corrupt? 

    I've tried opening and saving the document on my computer and it works fine. We're both using excel 2007. 

    Thankful for any advice!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-05T13:18:30+00:00

    That saved my day. Thanks.

    I owe you a beer, remind me whenever we meet each other :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments