Errors were detected while saving file in Excel 2010

Anonymous
2010-09-01T16:04:55+00:00

I get the error "Errors were detected while saving 'C:\Users\Filename.xlsx. To make repairs in a new file, click continue. To cancel saving the file, click cancel" The appears to be no pattern to this. Does any have a solution. All similar questions in the forum don't offer a solution to this error message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-11T09:58:36+00:00

I have had this issue recently and it turned out to be a company logo which was in the top right of each worksheet.I removed this (.png) image from each sheet, the workbook did not then give an error saving. I then opened the logo and re-saved it as a .jpg and then re-added it to each sheet. The workbook continued to save quite happily.

Hope this helps

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-12T13:56:25+00:00

    Removing the hyperlinks from the spreadsheet (by selecting the whole sheet and then removing the hyperlinks), I can then save as .XLSX without the error message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-16T11:11:10+00:00

    After failing to save the file I tried to close it. A pop up asked if I like to save it, clicked "Yes" and it saved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-25T14:57:42+00:00

    I have had this issue recently and it turned out to be a company logo which was in the top right of each worksheet.I removed this (.png) image from each sheet, the workbook did not then give an error saving. I then opened the logo and re-saved it as a .jpg and then re-added it to each sheet. The workbook continued to save quite happily.

    Hope this helps

    This can just fix the issue once. Whenever I re import sheet with the logo, I can't save my workbook again. Somebody help pls

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-09T20:50:51+00:00

    I too was having the same issue after reformatting one of my laptops and installing MS Office 2010 and also on another computer that I maintain for a local business.  Here is what worked for me.   I installed service pack 2 for MS Office.   Works like a charm now.   Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments