Errors were detected while saving file in Excel 2010

Anonymous
2010-09-01T16:04:55+00:00

I get the error "Errors were detected while saving 'C:\Users\Filename.xlsx. To make repairs in a new file, click continue. To cancel saving the file, click cancel" The appears to be no pattern to this. Does any have a solution. All similar questions in the forum don't offer a solution to this error message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-11T09:58:36+00:00

I have had this issue recently and it turned out to be a company logo which was in the top right of each worksheet.I removed this (.png) image from each sheet, the workbook did not then give an error saving. I then opened the logo and re-saved it as a .jpg and then re-added it to each sheet. The workbook continued to save quite happily.

Hope this helps

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-11T13:49:45+00:00

    your suggestions didn't fix my errors.

    If i save in .xls type i don't get any problem, but if i try to save in .xlsx or .xlsm i got the same error.

    I'm thinking to uninstall Office 2010 and get 2007 again.

    Do you have another solution?

    Thanks

    Luis Costa

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-10-04T15:37:19+00:00

    I'm having the same problem.  I have removed all COM add-ins.  It keeps crashing.  Excel 2010, Windows 7, 32-bit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-09-23T13:50:30+00:00

    I have experienced this issue as well, however when I open the file it appears to have saved the changes correctly. If I save it after reopening I do not encounter an error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-03-24T13:16:36+00:00

    I have been having a very similar problem, I can save my spreadsheet using the quick save, but after printing them and then trying to save again, I am getting messages "errors were detected etc - make repairs, - then a pop up can't find file, then file corrupt - it only seems to happen after using Page Lay out or Print settings - very strange as had no problems with Excel 2007

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments