Errors were detected while saving file in Excel 2010

Anonymous
2010-09-01T16:04:55+00:00

I get the error "Errors were detected while saving 'C:\Users\Filename.xlsx. To make repairs in a new file, click continue. To cancel saving the file, click cancel" The appears to be no pattern to this. Does any have a solution. All similar questions in the forum don't offer a solution to this error message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-11T09:58:36+00:00

I have had this issue recently and it turned out to be a company logo which was in the top right of each worksheet.I removed this (.png) image from each sheet, the workbook did not then give an error saving. I then opened the logo and re-saved it as a .jpg and then re-added it to each sheet. The workbook continued to save quite happily.

Hope this helps

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-07-27T05:51:24+00:00

    I had a similar problem, mine was because of Control Shapes (Buttons and Checkboxes). I was not able to see the shapes in my sheet. I had to use vba "For" loop to delete all shapes in my sheets

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-12-19T21:04:53+00:00

    Try to save as binary format (xlsb file)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-12-19T13:55:37+00:00

    Hello,

    I was just experiencing the same issue with a workbook I am generating for my company. I found that if you make a new file and transition one workbook page at a time, move not copy, and then hit the save button in the upper left hand corner you can pinpoint the workbook page that is giving you the issue and will be easy to diagnose what is wrong with it to fix it. The issue that I found was I was generating a Pareto chart and I was trying to use 550 cells in 2 columns to translate the data. The Pareto could not handle that much data and was faulting out and making my workbook not want to save. I adjusted the data back to 500 and the data saved just fine.

    Hope this helps to solve your dilemma,

    Bryan Vivian

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-20T16:39:44+00:00

    I get the error "Errors were detected while saving 'C:\Users\Filename.xlsx. To make repairs in a new file, click continue. To cancel saving the file, click cancel" The appears to be no pattern to this. Does any have a solution. All similar questions in the forum don't offer a solution to this error message.

    I was having a similar problem with an .xls Compatibility workbook when trying to save as an .xlsx workbook.

    The problem went away when I went in to Formulas>Name Manager and deleted the names found there.

    Note: The solution I found that led me to this said "delete the names with errors".  I did not see anything denoting which of them had errors, so I deleted them all since I no longer need them.

    I hope this helps others

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments