Errors were detected while saving file in Excel 2010

Anonymous
2010-09-01T16:04:55+00:00

I get the error "Errors were detected while saving 'C:\Users\Filename.xlsx. To make repairs in a new file, click continue. To cancel saving the file, click cancel" The appears to be no pattern to this. Does any have a solution. All similar questions in the forum don't offer a solution to this error message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-11T09:58:36+00:00

I have had this issue recently and it turned out to be a company logo which was in the top right of each worksheet.I removed this (.png) image from each sheet, the workbook did not then give an error saving. I then opened the logo and re-saved it as a .jpg and then re-added it to each sheet. The workbook continued to save quite happily.

Hope this helps

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-12-28T10:36:39+00:00

    Hi,

    I am getting the same problems since i moved to Office 2010 (in both 32bit and 64bit version).

    Some files i can save in xls with no problem, but i with loss of data bellow the row 65536 (of course columns too).

    So, this is no solution.

    Then a went to page layout ribbon and selected the Selection Pane, and in some files i saw some objects, i deleted all of them. I tryed to save the file and everything its fine, but not for all files.

    So, this is no solution for 100% of the files, because i can't save some of them yet.

    Some of them I detected the problem in one tab sheet or two, by moving it to a new file, and get the same problem, others i didnt detect any problem, but i can not save the file.

    Anybody have more ideas besides copying the data to another file?

    Thanks and Happy new Year!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-23T18:40:29+00:00

    I had pivottables and pivotcharts. One pivotchart was copied into a different worksheet. I also had several inserted pictures (tif). I received the saving error when attempting to save.

    I got around this problem by copying every worksheet into a new book. I saved the file to the desktop after each worksheet was added to the new workbook. I was able to keep all charts, inserted images, and tables.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-10-11T13:49:45+00:00

    your suggestions didn't fix my errors.

    If i save in .xls type i don't get any problem, but if i try to save in .xlsx or .xlsm i got the same error.

    I'm thinking to uninstall Office 2010 and get 2007 again.

    Do you have another solution?

    Thanks

    Luis Costa

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-12-29T23:21:01+00:00

    Hi Wheels482003,

    Were you able to get this problem solved?  I am dealing with the exact same issue.

    Steelpirate

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments