Font keeps changing back to Calibri?

Anonymous
2010-06-30T16:02:39+00:00

Hello,

I have a question here. Whenever I change my font and then try to type, it keeps changing back to double-spaced 11pt Calibri. I can't cope with this, as I want another font to write my book (sans-serif to have its feel). But I can't change it.

I have tried typing the paragraph first and then change it back to my desired font. It works, but this is just too much work, because in the next paragraph it reverted back to Calibri.

I have tried a solution where one suggests to change the Default font, and that doesn't work either.

For your notes, I have recently updated my Microsoft Office. Updates installed are KB934391, KB967642 and a few security updates.

I will check back here everyday. Please respond quickly.

Sincerely.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2010-06-30T17:46:55+00:00

My guess is that you haven't succeeded in properly changing the default font. There are several ways; try this one: In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), click the Manage Styles button. On the Set Defaults tab, specify the settings that you want. The changes will apply to the current document, but if you select "New documents based on this template" before clicking OK, the settings will be transferred to the attached template.

If it still doesn't work, try opening the Normal template as a file and make the changes directly (in the Open dialog box, click Trusted Templates, click Normal.dotm and click Open). When you are done, save and close Normal.

Assuming that works, the next step is to investigate what prevented you from saving your Normal template earlier.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2016-01-11T19:35:13+00:00

    I was having this same issue w/ MS Project.  I hate Calibri and it wouldn't even let me change it to Times New Roman so I came on here to see if anything was helpful and it didn't seem that there was so I just for the heck of it checked to see if it would let me change it to anything else and it let me change it to Arial so then I checked and it let me change it to Times New Roman.  I guess you have to "trick" it to get the font you want.

    Note that the Microsoft Project forum can be found at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/project?sort=lastreplydate&dir=desc&tab=threads. The one to which you have posted is for Word.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-11T16:03:04+00:00

    I was having this same issue w/ MS Project.  I hate Calibri and it wouldn't even let me change it to Times New Roman so I came on here to see if anything was helpful and it didn't seem that there was so I just for the heck of it checked to see if it would let me change it to anything else and it let me change it to Arial so then I checked and it let me change it to Times New Roman.  I guess you have to "trick" it to get the font you want.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-01-04T17:04:06+00:00

    Note that changing the default font should be no more difficult than clicking a Default button. If it doesn't work, you should troubleshoot for a poorly designed add-in. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541/en-us.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-04T12:27:10+00:00

    Might be 5 years too late, but I too have been writing my book and going crazy by the font not changing.

    If anybody needs the answer, and you are frustrated with the tech know it alls who keep telling you to just press set as default, follow my step.

    Pretty easy. Start. Run. Type in the text box: %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates. You will be taken to a page where you see a Word Document, Normal. Open it, set your default font paragraphs etc. Then save. Exit. Bam!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments