Remove (blank) from pivot table

Anonymous
2011-02-25T12:16:56+00:00

Hi,

My source data has empty cells.  When I PT this data - the PT shows "(blank)" for the empty cells.  How can I keep the cells "empty" in the PT.  I do not want to manually filter and uncheck (blank) as this removes other data which is needed.

TIA,

PS

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-02-25T14:15:06+00:00

Excel 2007/2010 PivotTable

Show blank cell instead of (blank)

in RowField/ColumnField item labels.

http://c3017412.r12.cf0.rackcdn.com/01_23_11.xlsx

If you get *.zip, don't unzip, just rename *.xlsx

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-07-18T01:03:43+00:00

    I struggled with this problem, having an extra line in my pivot table and column in my chart titled "blank" and it looked messy. I figured out that you could right click on the "blank" line on the table and hover over 'Filter', then select "Hide selected items". The "blank" portion will disappear.  Yes!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-08-03T19:27:23+00:00

    Looking at your example has prompted me to ask how is it possible to have 2 pivot tables on the same sheet using the same source data.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-08-03T15:54:00+00:00

    I've been frustrated with this for years.  Thanks for the demo.  That's just what I've been needing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-02-25T14:32:17+00:00

    Thank you Sir, this is exactly what I need and it has resolved my issue.  The file you provided was also very useful.

    Kind regards,

    Pete

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments