unable to save/save-as after editing a picture using MS Office 2007 Picture Manager

Anonymous
2010-04-09T22:01:49+00:00

Original title: Picture Manager

I can open and print a picture saved on my computer in jpeg using picture manager.  However, if I make any editting changes it won't allow me to save it or print it.  When I try to save it, the message "some files cannot be saved. please try again".  When I try to print the editted picture, the message "Windows cannot find this picture.  Check the location and try again".  How can I fix this?  If I can't edit pictures than the program is worthless.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-14T07:06:52+00:00

Hello,

I just want to add that this is just a Read Only feature that was embedded on the picture by the program that created it and it is not easy to remove just by selecting Save As.

After or before editing(which ever works for you),

Click File

Select Save As

Click On Tools drop-down chevron

Select Properties

Uncheck the read-only check box and click OK

Confirm Attribute Change comes up, Apply Changes

Click OK

Click Save

Hope it helps.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-09-02T22:41:17+00:00

I found out why it wasn't working for me. When I saved a file in Photoshop as a jpg I had to uncheck the box that said ICC Profile: U.S. Web Coated, If this box is checked when you make the jpeg then when you try to change it in Microsoft  PM the error message will come up and remove the picture from your computer. At least that is what it was doing to mine. I hope this works for you. Everything is working good again for me.

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-04-15T16:13:16+00:00

    Using ‘Microsoft Office Picture Manager’ you can change how your pictures look by adjusting the following settings:

    Brightness and contrast

    Color

    Crop

    Rotate and flip

    Red-eye removal

    Resize

    Compress picture

    For a broad range of picture-editing options, your best bet is to work with a photo-editing program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-05-17T15:04:50+00:00

    Using ‘Microsoft Office Picture Manager’ you can change how your pictures look by adjusting the following settings:

    Brightness and contrast

    Color

    Crop

    Rotate and flip

    Red-eye removal

    Resize

    Compress picture

    That's really cool! If we could also just save our pictures after we changed them.

    I am having exactly the same problem with Microsoft Picture Manager in Office 2007 Enterprise in Windows 7 Ultimate.

    After i change a picture i cannot save it. When i press the save button the software replies: Some files could not be saved. Try to save the files again.

    I am trying to resize a jpeg.

    Any updates on thiss issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-01-14T16:50:18+00:00

    I agree with mathgal1.  If I cannot edit and then save the changes for a simple jpeg file, then this program gets added to the pile of useless things from Microsoft.

    Why has there not been an answer to this yet in this forum?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments