unable to save/save-as after editing a picture using MS Office 2007 Picture Manager

Anonymous
2010-04-09T22:01:49+00:00

Original title: Picture Manager

I can open and print a picture saved on my computer in jpeg using picture manager.  However, if I make any editting changes it won't allow me to save it or print it.  When I try to save it, the message "some files cannot be saved. please try again".  When I try to print the editted picture, the message "Windows cannot find this picture.  Check the location and try again".  How can I fix this?  If I can't edit pictures than the program is worthless.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-14T07:06:52+00:00

Hello,

I just want to add that this is just a Read Only feature that was embedded on the picture by the program that created it and it is not easy to remove just by selecting Save As.

After or before editing(which ever works for you),

Click File

Select Save As

Click On Tools drop-down chevron

Select Properties

Uncheck the read-only check box and click OK

Confirm Attribute Change comes up, Apply Changes

Click OK

Click Save

Hope it helps.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-09-02T22:41:17+00:00

I found out why it wasn't working for me. When I saved a file in Photoshop as a jpg I had to uncheck the box that said ICC Profile: U.S. Web Coated, If this box is checked when you make the jpeg then when you try to change it in Microsoft  PM the error message will come up and remove the picture from your computer. At least that is what it was doing to mine. I hope this works for you. Everything is working good again for me.

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-27T12:06:22+00:00

    I have just saved in Paint and then resized, saved again as a jpg and its worked fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-24T03:25:55+00:00

    Solution that worked for me: I tried everything on here including rerunning repair from my computer by going into programs and feature in the control panel clicking on change and run repair from there, restart computer etc.  Nothing worked until. solution  I removed Microsoft 2010 from programs and features (accidentally did it) I put in the cd for Microsoft professional 2010 and selected repair.  I restarted my computer and tested the crop feature 3 different times and saved to make sure it was working and walla! it worked.  Hope this helps someone

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-30T23:27:44+00:00

    This worked for me!

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments