unable to save/save-as after editing a picture using MS Office 2007 Picture Manager

Anonymous
2010-04-09T22:01:49+00:00

Original title: Picture Manager

I can open and print a picture saved on my computer in jpeg using picture manager.  However, if I make any editting changes it won't allow me to save it or print it.  When I try to save it, the message "some files cannot be saved. please try again".  When I try to print the editted picture, the message "Windows cannot find this picture.  Check the location and try again".  How can I fix this?  If I can't edit pictures than the program is worthless.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-14T07:06:52+00:00

Hello,

I just want to add that this is just a Read Only feature that was embedded on the picture by the program that created it and it is not easy to remove just by selecting Save As.

After or before editing(which ever works for you),

Click File

Select Save As

Click On Tools drop-down chevron

Select Properties

Uncheck the read-only check box and click OK

Confirm Attribute Change comes up, Apply Changes

Click OK

Click Save

Hope it helps.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-09-02T22:41:17+00:00

I found out why it wasn't working for me. When I saved a file in Photoshop as a jpg I had to uncheck the box that said ICC Profile: U.S. Web Coated, If this box is checked when you make the jpeg then when you try to change it in Microsoft  PM the error message will come up and remove the picture from your computer. At least that is what it was doing to mine. I hope this works for you. Everything is working good again for me.

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-08-28T11:57:24+00:00

    This doesn't work  - and the error deletes the SOURCE FILE

    Why is it so hard for Microsoft to write software that works?

    I have never had this error with free software (GIMP).

    Unbelievable - well not really. We have been living with MSFT garbage for years.

    Having the exact same problem.. anyone have a solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-06-11T09:02:23+00:00

    Problem unknown. I have decided to use Microsoft office Picture manager to just re-size the photo rather than the compress option. Successfully saved with smaller size

    It is not only Win7 ... I have the same problem with XP ....

    But NOT on all jpgs ...

    Seemingly only those that have been "handled" by photoshop on a MAC ... but NOT ALL photoshop on a Mac photos.

     

    I am not an idiot ... I and my wife have been using MS Picture Manager to quickly re-size pix on our PCs for YEARS. We handle THOUSANDS of photos per year. Something happened within the last 4 months or so that has created this "can't save" problem.

    We can EASILY and routinely "resize" our digital camera pix, no problem -- so we KNOW HOW to do it.

    We can do SOME other jpgs ... but not ALL other jpgs. Opening is NOT the problem. Sizing is not the problem ... the problem is SAVE AS xxxxx. And voila, the error message appears: "some files cannot be saved. please try again"

    It is NOT a 'read only' problem ... (SaveAs should take care of that)

    It is NOT a "cmyk" problem ... it happens with pix that have been handled in Photoshop/Mac both RGB or CMYK

     

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-05-12T02:45:25+00:00

    for some reason  MX Pic Manager started doing the same thing for me after many years of no problem ... I also did a Clean Boot instalation and tried also XP 64x wqith a new intalation of Office 2003 + SPK 3  same results as all of you experienced ...

    • This is what worked for me I opened it with Paint saved it as a Bmp File re opened it in MS pic Manager  , edited,saves  Ok with .... now the problem may be that the JGS are different New FILE system the problem I seem ti have are with Photos taken with an Cannon EOS 550D camera and yes I can confirm this because as I  have just gone into another folder with the the same items photographed by a different camera and No Problems editing and saving ... so The Answer is there are new Versions of jpgs that  are not the same even though they are jpgs ... they must be changed and I think I have heard or read this somewhere ,it's time to Google...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments