Error in loading dll in access 2007

Anonymous
2010-06-23T22:36:17+00:00

Hi, when trying to run a wizard or a relationship report in access 2007 I get the error message:

"Error in loading dll"

I have tried the tips people have suggested before, registering the DAO libraries and reinstalling MDAC. But that didn't work. Does anyone else have any ideas?

I am running Access 2007 on Windows 7 64 Bit. (Could the 64 bit have anything to do with it?)

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-09-07T15:30:49+00:00

I had the exact problem with access and a Microsoft tech took over my machine and put in

this registry key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib{00025E01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\5.0\0\win32]

@=hex(2):25,00,43,00,6f,00,6d,00,6d,00,6f,00,6e,00,50,00,72,00,6f,00,67,00,72, 00,61,00,6d,00,46,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,73,00,25,00,5c,00,4d,00,69,00,63,00, 72,00,6f,00,73,00,6f,00,66,00,74,00,20,00,53,00,68,00,61,00,72,00,65,00,64, 00,5c,00,44,00,41,00,4f,00,5c,00,64,00,61,00,6f,00,33,00,36,00,30,00,2e,00, 64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00

just cut and paste the key into notepad and save it to your desktop as win32key.reg then double click it and it will enter in the registry

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-06T22:17:45+00:00

    This fix is not working for me.

    I get the following when I double click on File saved on desktop.

     

    Cannot import C:\Users\Roger\Desktop\win32key.reg: The specified file is not a registry

    script.

    You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.

     

    Would appreciate any and all help for this problem,

    What version of Windows are you running?  And is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

    What is the exact content of the win32key.reg file on your desktop?  Does it start with the line, "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-06T22:05:17+00:00

    This fix is not working for me.

    I get the following when I double click on File saved on desktop.

    Cannot import C:\Users\Roger\Desktop\win32key.reg: The specified file is not a registry

    script.

    You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.

    Would appreciate any and all help for this problem,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-10-07T16:10:12+00:00

    Thanks you very much ;)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-09-19T20:05:04+00:00

    What a lifesaver!  Thanks for the info!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments