Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Hi Gabriel,
You are an absolute legend!
Thank you for your solution. It worked for me.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have just noticed that I now have a Copilot dropdown above the Ribbon on the right hand side in my Outlook Classic 2019 - I DO NOT WANT THIS RUBBISH IN MY OFFICE APPLICATIONS!!!!
How many more times are Microsoft going to thrust these stupid ideas down our throats 🤬
What I need to know is how to remove it.....Please someone help as there are no details on the internet, unless you are a 365 user, which I'm not
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me
Paul
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Gabriel,
You are an absolute legend!
Thank you for your solution. It worked for me.
Made my Outlook even worse. After the beta channel update I now have Settings in the drop down !
Settings are for Prioritize e-mail.
What SKU of Office do you have? Are you using Office perpetual or Office subscription? The solution in this thread is for Office perpetual Outlook 2019 or Outlook 2021.
To go back to Current Channel do the following:
Use a registry key to switch back to Current Channel, Use a registry command to install Microsoft 365 Insider on Windows devices - Microsoft 365 Insider | Microsoft Learn.
reg add HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\officeupdate /v updatebranch /t REG_SZ /d Current
Just attempted this 'Return to Current Channel' on one of my systems. Forced an Update in Outlook, and it shows the Copilot AGAIN~
'Migrate to Beta' advice earlier allowed me to remove Copilot from the Ribbon (using the RegEdit to BetaChannel) but returning to Current Channel allowed the Copilot to display again~
NEITHER option is appropriate -- one of my machines is run by an Elderly lady who does NOT need a 'Forced Scraper' attached to her Ribbon~
(* and I do NOT want to include THIS catastrophe in my Troubleshooting her system/LIFE going forward~!! *)
ALL my systems are Perpetual 2019 -- the 'Returned to Copilot' system above is one of two Pro+ systems, my mother is on Home&Business