How to Remove Copilot dropdown on Outlook Classic 2019

Anonymous
2025-06-18T13:13:48+00:00

I have just noticed that I now have a Copilot dropdown above the Ribbon on the right hand side in my Outlook Classic 2019 - I DO NOT WANT THIS RUBBISH IN MY OFFICE APPLICATIONS!!!!

How many more times are Microsoft going to thrust these stupid ideas down our throats 🤬

What I need to know is how to remove it.....Please someone help as there are no details on the internet, unless you are a 365 user, which I'm not

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Paul

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-09T13:19:59+00:00

    Watching this thread. Copilot is not wanted anywhere. It's intrusive and has masssive privacy implications with anyone working in data-sensitive or privileged environments. It is an unknown outlet and probably leak to external sources, whatever MS asserts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-09T13:47:57+00:00

    Кал пилот.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-09T21:46:26+00:00

    Hi all,

    I just confirmed that the fix is first available in the Beta Channel build 19101.20004, Update History for Office Beta Channel - Office release notes | Microsoft Learn. Unless there are backports the fix would get to production Current Channel in late September with Version 2508. I'll monitor how the fix progresses and update if it can go any sooner.

    If anyone wants the fix now you can switch to the Beta Channel. The easiest way to switch is to use a registry key, Use a registry command to install Microsoft 365 Insider on Windows devices - Microsoft 365 Insider | Microsoft Learn.

    1. Open a Command Prompt in Administrator context (Run as administrator)
    2. Type/paste the command below and press Enter:

    reg add HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\officeupdate /v updatebranch /t REG_SZ /d BetaChannel

    1. From Outlook click File, Office Account, Update Options, Update Now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-09T22:54:29+00:00

    Thank you, updating now 😊

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-07-09T23:01:01+00:00

    I'm happy to report that normal service has been resumed and no Copilot button 😁😁😁

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments