How to Remove Copilot dropdown on Outlook Classic 2019

Anonymous
2025-06-18T13:13:48+00:00

I have just noticed that I now have a Copilot dropdown above the Ribbon on the right hand side in my Outlook Classic 2019 - I DO NOT WANT THIS RUBBISH IN MY OFFICE APPLICATIONS!!!!

How many more times are Microsoft going to thrust these stupid ideas down our throats 🤬

What I need to know is how to remove it.....Please someone help as there are no details on the internet, unless you are a 365 user, which I'm not

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Paul

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-22T22:43:00+00:00

    If you are still seeing this issue, please let me know what build is your Outlook (File, Office Account, under About Outlook)? I'm testing to see if I can repro so I can get this escalated to the Outlook Team.

    Hi Gabriel,

    I noticed that for some reason the 32bit version of office had installed when I reset my PC not long ago, so have now uninstalled the 32bit and installed the 64bit version. I have just updated it to the below version and I no longer have the copilot dropdown, much to my delight! 😊😊

    Microsoft® Outlook® 2019 MSO (Version 2505 Build 16.0.18827.20102) 64-bit

    Paul

    The Copilot dropdown is now back 🤬🤬🤬

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-23T03:29:26+00:00

    I am working a similar issue with some reddit users. No clear picture yet of how the Copilot button is being implemented, what Office/Outlook versions it shows up in, or any way to get rid of it.

    Best anyone has found is to disable connected services. (As mentioned above). Sometime that makes it just a static icon. But it still doesn't go away.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Outlook/comments/1lem4c7/removing_copilot_dropdown_on_toolbar_outlook_2019/

    Beyond that, all I can suggest is you punch the "I have this same problem" button and subscribe to this Answers Thread. Then wait for a miracle (Microsoft actually provides a fix).

    Any brave soul out there who is having this problem who could do a ProcMon trace on Outlook startup and look for any possible clues? (Registry settings, DLL's loaded).

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojUFjE00prA&t=14s

    I can't do it, I don't have the Copilot button. My Outlook is too old.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-25T14:24:35+00:00

    I personally like Copilot, however, I strongly dislike how Microsoft is literally forcing it onto me and other users. Make it available, sure. But don't replace or obfuscate other items just to show Copilot instead. And, don't assume it's wanted, ask first before. Microsoft's actions will be the ultimate failure of Copilot and Windows if this continues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments