Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
StartFragment Microsoft® Outlook® 2019 MSO (Version 2506 Build 16.0.18925.20076) 32-bit EndFragment
Same issue here in the last update.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have just noticed that I now have a Copilot dropdown above the Ribbon on the right hand side in my Outlook Classic 2019 - I DO NOT WANT THIS RUBBISH IN MY OFFICE APPLICATIONS!!!!
How many more times are Microsoft going to thrust these stupid ideas down our throats 🤬
What I need to know is how to remove it.....Please someone help as there are no details on the internet, unless you are a 365 user, which I'm not
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me
Paul
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
StartFragment Microsoft® Outlook® 2019 MSO (Version 2506 Build 16.0.18925.20076) 32-bit EndFragment
Same issue here in the last update.
I have had just about enough from Microsoft with their belligerency to uptake AI. It's clear most people don't want it. I'm going back to apple for my desktop needs.
StartFragment Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2505 Build 16.0.18827.20102) 64-bit EndFragment
Seeing same issue.
I personally like Copilot, however, I strongly dislike how Microsoft is literally forcing it onto me and other users. Make it available, sure. But don't replace or obfuscate other items just to show Copilot instead. And, don't assume it's wanted, ask first before. Microsoft's actions will be the ultimate failure of Copilot and Windows if this continues.
I am working a similar issue with some reddit users. No clear picture yet of how the Copilot button is being implemented, what Office/Outlook versions it shows up in, or any way to get rid of it.
Best anyone has found is to disable connected services. (As mentioned above). Sometime that makes it just a static icon. But it still doesn't go away.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Outlook/comments/1lem4c7/removing_copilot_dropdown_on_toolbar_outlook_2019/
Beyond that, all I can suggest is you punch the "I have this same problem" button and subscribe to this Answers Thread. Then wait for a miracle (Microsoft actually provides a fix).
Any brave soul out there who is having this problem who could do a ProcMon trace on Outlook startup and look for any possible clues? (Registry settings, DLL's loaded).
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojUFjE00prA&t=14s
I can't do it, I don't have the Copilot button. My Outlook is too old.