How to Remove Copilot dropdown on Outlook Classic 2019

Anonymous
2025-06-18T13:13:48+00:00

I have just noticed that I now have a Copilot dropdown above the Ribbon on the right hand side in my Outlook Classic 2019 - I DO NOT WANT THIS RUBBISH IN MY OFFICE APPLICATIONS!!!!

How many more times are Microsoft going to thrust these stupid ideas down our throats 🤬

What I need to know is how to remove it.....Please someone help as there are no details on the internet, unless you are a 365 user, which I'm not

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Paul

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-18T20:19:32+00:00

    Same here - just need a GPO or Registry entry to remove it, ridiculous situation!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-18T20:12:06+00:00

    Hi JK,

    Thanks for getting back to me but none of your suggestions have helped.

    There is no copilot section in Options and there are no add-ins for Copilot 😒

    If there is a RegEdit hack I can use I'm more than happy to use it, although I have already done a search of ther registry for Copilot and removed the single items I found 😉

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-18T17:43:01+00:00

    Good morning

    Welcome to Microsoft Community

    Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I understand that you need assistance with removing copilot in your Outlook app. If you're seeing a Copilot dropdown in Outlook Classic 2019 and want it gone, you're not alone and you're not imagining things. While Copilot is primarily a Microsoft 365 feature, some users have reported it appearing in older versions like Outlook 2019, especially if connected to a Microsoft account or organization that enables Copilot features via updates or policies

    Here are a few things you can try:

    Option 1: Disable via Outlook Settings

    1. Open Outlook.
    2. Go to File > Options.
    3. Look for a Copilot tab or section (if available).
    4. Uncheck Enable Copilot, then click OK and restart Outlook.

    > This option may not appear in Outlook 2019 unless it’s been updated to a version that supports Copilot integration.

    Option 2: Remove via Add-ins

    1. In Outlook, go to File > Options > Add-ins.
    2. At the bottom, next to Manage, select COM Add-ins and click Go.
    3. Look for anything related to Copilot and uncheck it.
    4. Click OK and restart Outlook.

    I hope this helps,

    Best regards

    JK

    Microsoft Community

    Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments