How to Remove Copilot dropdown on Outlook Classic 2019

Anonymous
2025-06-18T13:13:48+00:00

I have just noticed that I now have a Copilot dropdown above the Ribbon on the right hand side in my Outlook Classic 2019 - I DO NOT WANT THIS RUBBISH IN MY OFFICE APPLICATIONS!!!!

How many more times are Microsoft going to thrust these stupid ideas down our throats 🤬

What I need to know is how to remove it.....Please someone help as there are no details on the internet, unless you are a 365 user, which I'm not

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Paul

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T19:38:08+00:00

    If you are still seeing this issue, please let me know what build is your Outlook (File, Office Account, under About Outlook)? I'm testing to see if I can repro so I can get this escalated to the Outlook Team.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T19:24:31+00:00

    It a gmail account using IMAP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T17:01:50+00:00

    Hello

    Thank you for your prompt response, I would like to know what is the email domain that is added on to your Outlook 2019 and how is it setup? (POP, IMAP, Exchange)

    Best Regards,

    JK

    Microsoft Community

    Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T22:13:51+00:00

    Neither of these options is relevant to my Windows 11 Outlook. I have no add-ins. And there is no Copilot tab. I've adjusted the settings in Microsoft 365 Admin Center. Nothing gets rid of this pernicious intrusion. Honestly, I'm going to have to go to Linux if Microsoft doesn't stop telling me what I WILL use whether I want to or not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T19:54:38+00:00

    None of the options works with Office Professional Plus 2021.

    Any suggestion?

    Thanks,

    Renato

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments