How to Remove Copilot dropdown on Outlook Classic 2019

Anonymous
2025-06-18T13:13:48+00:00

I have just noticed that I now have a Copilot dropdown above the Ribbon on the right hand side in my Outlook Classic 2019 - I DO NOT WANT THIS RUBBISH IN MY OFFICE APPLICATIONS!!!!

How many more times are Microsoft going to thrust these stupid ideas down our throats 🤬

What I need to know is how to remove it.....Please someone help as there are no details on the internet, unless you are a 365 user, which I'm not

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Paul

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-09T13:19:59+00:00

    Watching this thread. Copilot is not wanted anywhere. It's intrusive and has masssive privacy implications with anyone working in data-sensitive or privileged environments. It is an unknown outlet and probably leak to external sources, whatever MS asserts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-18T20:19:32+00:00

    Same here - just need a GPO or Registry entry to remove it, ridiculous situation!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-08T15:53:18+00:00

    Hi all,

    The Outlook Team has implemented a fix, and I am waiting on that build to get created to test and verify it. Once I know for sure the fixed build and release status I will post back with an update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-08T23:43:08+00:00

    Having the same issue, responding here to be notified when (if) Microsoft support advises a fix is available.

    Just aside, it is pretty silly this is provided as an option when I specifically paid for the version of office without copilot. I just do not want this data stealling function linked to my accouont.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-07-05T03:23:45+00:00

    I have had just about enough from Microsoft with their belligerency to uptake AI. It's clear most people don't want it. I'm going back to apple for my desktop needs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments