How to Remove Copilot dropdown on Outlook Classic 2019

Anonymous
2025-06-18T13:13:48+00:00

I have just noticed that I now have a Copilot dropdown above the Ribbon on the right hand side in my Outlook Classic 2019 - I DO NOT WANT THIS RUBBISH IN MY OFFICE APPLICATIONS!!!!

How many more times are Microsoft going to thrust these stupid ideas down our throats 🤬

What I need to know is how to remove it.....Please someone help as there are no details on the internet, unless you are a 365 user, which I'm not

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Paul

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T15:13:47+00:00

    What SKU of Office do you have? Are you using Office perpetual or Office subscription? The solution in this thread is for Office perpetual Outlook 2019 or Outlook 2021.

    To go back to Current Channel do the following:

    Use a registry key to switch back to Current Channel, Use a registry command to install Microsoft 365 Insider on Windows devices - Microsoft 365 Insider | Microsoft Learn.

    1. Open a Command Prompt in Administrator context (Run as administrator)
    2. Type/paste the command below and press Enter:

    reg add HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\officeupdate /v updatebranch /t REG_SZ /d Current

    1. From Outlook click File, Office Account, Update Options, Update Now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T08:09:00+00:00

    Made my Outlook even worse. After the beta channel update I now have Settings in the drop down !

    Settings are for Prioritize e-mail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T06:40:42+00:00

    Hi Gabriel,

    You are an absolute legend!

    Thank you for your solution. It worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T00:17:54+00:00

    Thanks much Gabriel. Your efforts are much appreciated. 👍

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T00:12:52+00:00

    Gabriel -- THANK YOU~!!

    • you are a Godsend~

    (Update Complete - Copilot Drop Down is REMOVED - now I need to do this to Remote machines~ LOL)

    (( EDIT -- FWIW -- completed Update successfully on Remote computers ))

    2x Version 2508 (Build 19107.2000 Click-to-Run) <-- Professional Plus 2019

    and

    1x Version 2506 (Build 18925.20138 Click-to-Run) <-- Home and Business 2019

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments